• Low Vacuum extended and variable up to 650 Pa, which implies the possibility of observation of a wide variety of samples without coating (non-destructive analysis).
• Depending on the type of specimen, resolution possibilities from 3.0nm to 30kV, 8.0nm to 3kV and 15nm to 1kV. Wide chamber and 5-axis mechanically eucentric plate (X = 125mm, Y = 100mm, T = -10 ° to + 90 °, R = 360 °, Z = 5-80mm) with full sample coverage up to 178 Mm, accommodating samples up to 300 mm and weights of 2 kg. Navigation on the stage using software with digital camera.
• Reduced scanning times due to automated operation parameters such as changes in platinum, beam, focus; Without the need for re-alignment.
• Retro-scattered detector (BSE) for image collection in modes: Compositional (elemental contrast), Topographic (surface topography) or Shadow (mixed of the two modes).
• STEM mode for sample observation in transmission mode.
For compositional analysis the microscope has an EDX detector AZTec Oxford:
• Software for punctual, linear elemental analysis or zonal mapping.
• Distribution and quantification of elements.
• Ability to remove interferents or unwanted elements
The laboratory offers sample preparation services for inorganic, organic or biological specimens using gold or carbon metallization and a critical point dryer.
Gold or Carbon Coating Denton Desk V Critical Point Dryer Autodsamdri – 815
Session 1 hour SEM / EDX microscopy: 1.5 UF + VAT.
Metalized samples (up to 6 samples): 0.95 UF + VAT
Critical point drying (maximum 4 samples): 1.3 UF + VAT
(* Relatively small values)
For bookings of analysis service:
Professional Operator: T.M. Rocío Orellana F.
Academic Responsible: Dr. Cristian Covarrubias G.